Our libraries have a wide variety of books and journals. They serve as a storehouse of information related to textbooks and beyond. The primary purpose is to inculcate reading habit amongst students.
Zebar School has two libraries. One is exclusively for pre-primary section, and the other is for.Primary, middle and secondary section
The libraries have more than 6000 books which include fiction and non-fiction books of different genres, picture books, classics, self-help books, bilingual books, science and technology books, reference resources for students and teachers.
An array of reading activities are conducted in the school. Students have a library period every week, and a book is issued to each student. A ‘Passport to Reading’ program for middle and secondary students has been introduced in the school. At the end of the academic year, certificates are given to the students who have read maximum books from the school library.
Book fairs and other literacy events are held to motivate our students to celebrate and enjoy the habit of reading books. The school has also subscribed to NIE (Newspaper in Education by the Times of India) which is given free to students from class 1 to class 10. The school library has also subscribed leading newspapers and essential magazines for the students which enhance their knowledge of current affairs.
Students are requested to follow the below-mentioned points to keep the library intact:
- Books should be handled with clean hands.
- Books should be placed appropriately after reading.
- Books should be kept away from water.
- Books should not be thrown.
- Bookmarks should be used to “save” where you stop reading.
- CORNER OF PAGES SHOULD NOT BE FOLDED!
- Scribbling in the books should not be done.
- Books should be returned on time.
- Books, when damaged, should be reported to the library staff and the students should not repair it on their own.